Re: PL/SQL - Sheduler for SQL-Scripts

From: <alcyone82_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:14:47 GMT

If you are on a unix system of some sort, a real easy way to do it is just to enclose your SQL in a shell script and have cron invoke the shell script at a particular time. I do this all the time for automated PL/SQL jobs.

Let's say you want to invoke the procedure MyProc in the package MyPack which you have already compiled into the scott/tiger schema. Write a shell script like this:

sqlplus -silent scott/tiger <<!EOF

   execute MyPack.Myproc;
   quit;
!EOF Save it and set the executeable permission. That's it! You can do any sort of SQL you want between sqlplus and the !EOF. I just used the procedure invocation as an example. Basically all you are doing is invoking sqlplus and redirecting standard input to the following lines of the file, up to the !EOF. You can even pass in variables using normal shell variable syntax.

I don't know if you can do this sort of thing on NT.

-Dave