Re: Public vs Private Rollback Segments

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:24:09 GMT

In article <Wmpy2.194$rj3.1997_at_news14.ispnews.com>,   "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_netaxis.com> wrote:
> I was looking at the rollback segments in several databases on separate
> servers today. The segments are public even though each database is mounted
> to a single instance. Are there any implications to be concerned about
> here? Or does it really not matter in these circumstances?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Van

Van...The bottom line is "Don't sweat it". If it's the only database on the server, then it doesn't matter if the rollback segments are public or private.

Regards,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."