Slow connection

From: Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr. <erangel_at_mandic.com.br>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:35:14 -0300

Hi !!!!!

     Have a problem here : when I open a connection from a remote
     machine to the server where my Oracle database is installed,
     it works fine. But when I try to make a connection on the
     server ( using SQLPlus or another program that make the
     connection, like a Java program I'm making here ) it takes
     about 1 minute and 40 seconds to create the connection !!!!!
     I'm running the database on a Compaq server using Windows NT 4
     ... is there a chance of some configuration have an error
     ????? Sometimes the database turns very, very slow and we
     don't know what is. Was not us that installed Windows NT and
     Oracle on the server ...

     Thanks

TaQ Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 12:35:14 CST