How to know when archivelog is fully written

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_mpn.com>
Date: 17 Feb 1999 16:25:35 GMT

As part of my log shipping code, I will be forcing every so often   alter system switch logfile;

This will force a new logfile to be written to the archive_log_dest area, which I can then copy to the standby server and apply.

The question is: how do I know when the logfile is fully written? Because I am switching early they will not be the full size of the redo log, yet they may be large enough that they take time to be fully written out.

I don't want to copy an incomplete log file (obviously!), so how will I know when the log is complete?

Your ideas appreciated.

--

rgds
Stephen Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 10:25:35 CST