64 bit computing and SGA bigger than 4 GB

From: Andrea Omodeo <omodeo_at_pea.enel.it>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:28:51 +0100

Hello everyone,
I would like to know under which unix architectures it is possible to declare an SGA bigger than 4 GB, if possible. I'm also interested to know which OS level is needed to do this.

As far as I can tell, I've been unable to find a comprehensive table about this topic on the Oracle Web site.

Please reply by e-mail, if there are any requests I will summarize the answers on a
following post.

    Thank you,

            Andrew Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 09:28:51 CST