Re: New Instance on NT - Connection problems?

From: Bill Fee <bill_fee_at_compuware.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:20:36 -0700

Marc,

Thanks for the help. It took me about 10 minutes to solve my problem with your help.

I modified the listener.ora file:
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = ORCL)

(SID_DESC = <=== Added
(SID_NAME = ODEV) <=== Added
   )
)

Then I restarted the listener service in NT and it worked.

Now I think your idea of ==== > ' starting another separate listener for each instances' is a better idea.
I post another message on how to do this in NT.

Thanks again,

Bill Fee Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 08:20:36 CST