Re: Setup error for Oracle8.0.5 for HP-UX 10.20

From: <mikem_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:55:55 GMT

In article <7abqfj$cj8$1_at_hpujjpo.jpn.hp.com>,   "Kotegawa" <michio_kotegawa_at_om.jpn.hp.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got a problem during installing Oracle8.0.5 for HP-UX10.20.
> While installing form CD, the following message was come out.
>
> "Unable to copy /SD_CDROM/precomp/mesg/sqliw.msb
> to $ORCLE_HOME/precomp/mesg/sqliw.msb"
>
> In the media, "sqliw.msb" file does not exist.
> Is this responsible for Oracle? or me?
> Does anyone know this problem?
>
> Michio Kotegawa
> michio_kotegawa_at_om.jpn.hp.com

Michio, hi.

We have the exact same scenario and problem. Oracle recommends to do the install from a staging error - but this only produces a new problem: "ordts_common software is not available". Then Oracle says you need patch number 737276 - which doesn't really help. They also say to copy over the unix.prd file to oracle_home but that doesn't solve the problem either. The last word on the problem seems to be from yesterday (Feb. 16) on the MetaLinks site. A DBA in France who reported the same scenario (8.0.5 on HPUX 10.20) says that taking all the above steps did not help. He (and us) are still waiting for genuine support.