Help:Oracle 8 for Linux Installation

From: Jongho Won <kang_at_monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:14:56 -0500

Hello,

I am using Slakware Linux 3.5 with kernel 2.0.36. I tried to install Oracle 8 for Linux, it does not work, and I need help here. After creating oracle account with dba group and setting environment variables, I run orainst from /cdrom/orainst (/cdrom is my mounting point for Oracle for Linux CD), and it stops with the following error: ./orainst: ./orainst.cm: No such file or directory

I checked the "orainst" and "orainst.cm" file and it exists with excutable property (-rwxr-xr-x).
I believe "orainst.cm" is the problem, but I don't know what to do here.

Please help.

Thanks.

J. Won Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 18:14:56 CST