User defined functions in PL/SQL loop - solution

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:15:37 -0000

The problem:

Strange error message (ora-936) using user-defined function in cursor in PL/SQL package.

The solution - came in two parts

  1. I didn't describe the problem completely, I failed to state that I was using named parameter notation in the PL/SQL
  2. The manuals state quite clearly that named parameter notation does not work when user defined functions are called from SQL statements.

My thanks to Thomas Kyte for his assistance on this one.

--
Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 15:15:37 CST