New Instance on NT - Connection problems?

From: Bill Fee <bill_fee_at_compuware.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:39:20 -0700

Hello!

I created a new instance/database on Windows NT 4.0, Oracle7 Workgroup ServerVersion 7.3.4, Oracle Network Products release 2.3.4.

I also went ino 'SQL Net Easy Configuration' and set up a connection to the instance/database on NT.

I get the following error when trying to connect to the instance: ORA-12505 TNS:Listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor.

I want to modify the listerner.ora file to listion for 2 instances. Is there a GUI EXE that will help me modify the listerner.ora configuration file? Or do I have do modify it manually? All the examples I have seen are only for one instance. Also, Do I have to stop and start the listener after modiying the listener.ora file?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Bill Fee Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 11:39:20 CST