Re: Flooding Log Files

From: jack dectis <oradba_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:11:41 +0000

So then you really believe that :
1)
the only way to go through 24 meg of redo so fast that the archiver can not keep up is on an index rebuild - especially on a 50 Gig database?
2)
Large redo logs by definition increase crash recovery time significantly?

3) There are no performance and recovery advantages to having all that redo information
online?

I'm bagging this thread