Re: Problems applying archived redologs

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:38:27 +0100

Andreas Jung wrote in message <7abco1$djc$1_at_hades.rz.uni-sb.de>...
>maybe I am a bit stupid but I have problems applying archived redo logs in
our
>environment. We're running a Oracle 7.3 production database that is backuped
>completely every night. I tried to change the backup procedure in a way that
>the datafiles are backuped once a week and the archived logs are backuped
>daily.

What about backing up control files ? Are they backed up daily with redo logs? If not, without recreating controlfiles, you would be able to apply redo until the last record contained in controlfile, I'm affraid.

--
Piotr Kolodziej pkol_at_otago.gda.pl
Just my private opinion. Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 03:38:27 CST