Problems applying archived redologs

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: 16 Feb 1999 09:11:29 GMT

Hello,

maybe I am a bit stupid but I have problems applying archived redo logs in our environment. We're running a Oracle 7.3 production database that is backuped completely every night. I tried to change the backup procedure in a way that the datafiles are backuped once a week and the archived logs are backuped daily. At the moment there is no need to backup the online redolog.

At the moment I am able to recover the complete database on a backup machine from the complete daily backup of our primary database. However I not able to reapply newer archived logfiles. For example I took the backup from 2 days ago and the archived redo logs of the day before. With this files I tried to recover the database until the state of yesterday.

I mounted the datebase and did a "recover database until cancel". The archived log files were applied. After that I tried "alter database open noresetlogs". That did not work, so I had to use the RESETLOGS options. Now Oracle complains about the following:

alter database open resetlogs
*
ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/ora/lccd01/oradata/lccd/system01.dbf'

Well what do to now ?? I've read the manual several times also the corresponding third party literature.

Anyone how can help ??
Thanks in advance
Andreas Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 03:11:29 CST