Re: ConText Loader Question

From: Garrett Kaminaga <gkaminag__at__us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:38:21 -0800

DSmith wrote:

> I have created a very restricted user account to load data. Basically, he
> can connect then insert/select to about a dozen tables. The purpose is to
> load large amounts of data for testing. The account works fine with
> SQL*Plus and SQL Loader, however when using ConText Loader (a couple of the
> tables contain long raw fields) the user gets an ora-1031 insufficient
> privileges message -- even if I grant him the CTXADMIN role !?!

Can the user describe the table? ctxload describes the table, parses and binds an insert, then exec's the insert -- all pretty standard OCI stuff. If the user can insert into and describe the table, it should be able to load.

It might also be the trigger on the table. The user may need insert permission on the ctxsys.drq_pending table.

--

Garrett Kaminaga                          Oracle ConText Server Group
Note: remove underscores to get real email address Any opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of the company Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 13:38:21 CST