Net8 and PB 5.04 (or PB 6.5)?

From: <tkv_at_landacorp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:25:44 GMT

We are trying to get a firm answer on which native Powerbuilder driver to use to connect to an Oracle 8.0 database.

From what we have read so far:

The native driver Oracle 8.0 for PB 5.0 has some problems and ONLY works with Oracle 8.0.3. Is this the same restriction for the PB 6.5 native drvier?

The Oracle 8.0.3 Net8 client has some problems that were fixed in 8.0.5.

Is there a driver available under PB 5.0 or PB 6.5 that will work with Oracle 8.0.5 Net8 client? If so where can we get a copy? Does anyone have any real world experience using this driver?

Our main modivation for moving to a net8 client rather then SQLNet is for scalability. We want to take advantage of the scalability enhancements in net8 and use connection manager to allow for 600+ powerbuilder clients plus 10000+ web clients using jdbc to connect to the same database.

We are concerned about the 600+ powerbuilder clients.

Thanks

Tyler Van Gorder
tkv_at_landacorp.com
Landacorp.