Re: Objects for Schema SYSTEM

From: <black_orpheus_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:04:52 GMT

In article <m9HDIEAlVXx2Iwnv_at_coalole.demon.co.uk>,   Diane <Diane_at_coalole.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <569.711T494T11892537_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>, Lothar Armbrüster
> <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de> writes
> >On 11-Feb-99 19:19:53 mme wrote:
> >
> >>Hello everybody!
> >
> >>Does anybody know how I can identify the standard/default objects in
> >>the SYSTEM Schema? I´ve run a script that created a very lot of
> >>additional objects in the schema SYSTEM and I wanna drop them
> >>now, but I don´t know which to delete and to keep.
> >
> >>Please help me!
> >
> >If you had an older export, you could have a look at the logfile...
> >
> >Hope that helps,
> >Lothar
> >
> >--
> >Lothar Armbrüster | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
> >Schulstr. 12 | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
> >D-65375 Oestrich-Winkel |
> >
> Or you could create another mini database temporarily and have a look at
> the system schema there
> --
> Diane

If you created these new objects some time after the database was created you could query the DBA_OBJECTS table and look at the CREATED field. This tells you when the objects was created. Anything that was created after you ran CATALOG.SQL and CATPROC.SQL should be examined. Just pull out their names and look them up in your Oracle documentation.

Hope this helps.

-b