Configure Date format and ODBC escape clauses

From: Julian Cowking <jcowking_at_hrms.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:03:54 -0000

I am writing an application which takes advantage of escape clauses in ODBC. One of the escape clauses gets 'resloved' into the Oracle function TO_DATE(...) which, on my server, returns a date of format DD-MON-YY (e.g.

However due to the rest of this escape clause future 'resolving' assume that this date is 19YY whereas I need this (obviously!!) to cater for four digit years (all the way to 9999).

All the examples i see in books for TO_DATE result in a four digit year being displayed.
Why is my date format wrong and how do I change this??

Thanks in advance

Julian Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 11:03:54 CST