Re: How to check whether my Oracle database has Y2K problem?

From: Andrew Protasov <a_protasov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:49:05 GMT

Hi,

You should change date format on all clients too, not only on server. And this will not solve your Y2K problem. You must check, that applications do not use implicit date/varchar2 conversions. All consersions must be done through explicit to_char(x,formatmask) and to_date(x,formatmask) calls.

Of course there is a lot of other problems with Y2K.

Andrew Protasov