Re: How to check whether my Oracle database has Y2K problem?

From: Oracleguru, Suresh Bhat <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:47:47 GMT

Yuri,

You already know one reason why I am against RRRR that is older versions.

Another reason is no matter if you use rrrr or yyyy, you better have 4 digit year in your string that you are converting, otherwise you are going to get the wrong answer (per your examples) either way whether 1999 or 0099. What difference does it make ?

yyyy notation is Universal. rrrr is Oracle specific. Who knows about rrrr in any other language ?

Thanks.

Suresh

Yuri McPhedran <esiyuri_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote in article <7a0u9j$p0b$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...