Cascading of updates to multiple Tables

From: ORcastillo <orcastillo_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Feb 1999 17:32:40 GMT

I'm new to Oracle and I have the following project: First, I have a table called periodic which stores time stamped records. I need to update 4 tables which are hourly, daily, and monthly totals. Ex. from the periodic table I have to create a record in the hourly record which will total 60 minutes, from the hourly I have to create a record in the daily table which will total 24 hours, etc.; cascading down in the same maner to the monthly. The other side to the project is the fact that I need to update the tables any time the periodic table is updated by inserting new rows or by updating new rows. Updates to the periodic table must be reflected in the other tables within 4 minutes.
Thank you in advance for your responses! Received on Fri Feb 12 1999 - 11:32:40 CST