DoS possible in Net*8

From: Chris Fowler <chris.fowler_at_ast.co.za>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:50:08 +0200

Has anybody heard of a denial of service attack on the listener for oracle 8
that causes the cpu used by the listener to climb to 100%? I have the details and can reproduce the fault on HPUX and Digital machines. I contacted Oracle about this problem and their advice has been simply to 'don't do it'. I am not happy about this and would like to hear if anyone else has come across this problem and if they have managed to solve it.
If you have any info please email as well as posting because we have a terrible news service.
Thanks
Chris Fowler
chris.fowler_at_ast.co.za Received on Fri Feb 12 1999 - 06:50:08 CST