rollback segment problem

From: <sureshna_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:33:14 GMT

Hi All,

I am working on 7.3.3 on Sun OS 2.5.1.

I have problem like this. In my database I have rollback tablespace has space of 250MB and I defined 10 rollback segments on that. When I run the script to cleanup the transaction tables as usual rollback segment space increases.

I have setting for the rollback segment as inital 10k next 50k optimum 100k. As per Oracle manual if you set optimum setting after the transactions are commited, the rollback segment size will go back near 100k mark. but in my case it stays at for example 90MB. I have to personaly drop the rollback and recreate to reclaim the space.

Can you anyone help me how to set the optimum parameter to work well

thanks

Suresh.N