Backup Question

From: Dave B <davebiduk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:57:32 -0500

I am reading an Oracle book which says:

"[Offline database] backups of transaction log files are useful only if media recovery is disabled for the database ... if media recovery is disabled, offline database backups must always include backups of the database's transaction log."

OK, I think I understand why transaction log files are not required for media recovery backups ('cause the transactions in the log files were already applied to the data files prior to shutdown, right??) BUT isn't this always the case - even if media recovery is turned off?? Received on Thu Feb 11 1999 - 13:57:32 CST