UTL_FILE

From: Datasyst <mailds_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:09:10 +0100

My problem is very strange!!!
I have a Windows NT network under NT server; I have 2 clients under NT Workstation and 2 clients under Windows 95. My script SQL has to write (with UTL_FILE.FOPEN function) an ascii file and needs in input the logical path where the file will have to be written. If I give in input the logical path of any disk (shared of course!!) of the 2 clients Windows 95 the script runs OK, but if I give in input the logical path of any of the 2 clients NT Workstation, the function FOPEN of the UTL_FILE package returns the INVALID PATH exception. The path exists and I can access (in every mode (write,read ecc.)) to it with any normal tool (like xcopy of the DOS task of NT) specifying the logical path that my script does not recognize.

Is this a NT problem or a UTL_FILE problem?? I think the second but I'm not sure and I have no method to solve the question.

Help
Thanks
Frank Received on Thu Feb 11 1999 - 02:09:10 CST