Symmetric replication

From: Sara Filipponi <Sara.Filipponi_at_Digital.com>
Date: 1999/02/10

Hi. I must use advanced replication to develope a critical application, in particular synchronous data propagation between two master sites. When one of the two site fails, I could stop the replication activity but when the site arises and is ready, how I can restore the database to be align with the one on the first site? 'Cause I think it is not sufficient to resume the replication activity, and I would not to apply an import/export if the site is down for few minutes..
Perhaps, do I have to switch to deferred propagating mode before stopping replication activiy and then, when the site arises, push the deferred queue and switch from asynchronous to synchronous propagation? I don't know if it could work.
Every idea is appreciated, thanks a lot to everyone who has spent some time to read this post.

Sara Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 00:00:00 CST