Re: Help: Cannot startup OracleServiceORCL???

From: <black_orpheus_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:38:39 GMT

In article <36C14159.615DA9C8_at_wa.freei.net>,   Java <java_at_wa.freei.net> wrote:
> After installed Oracle Server 7.3.4 NT4.0 SP3 with the starter database,
>
> I tried to start up the OracleServiceORCL. It returned the following
> error message :
>
> C:\>net start OracleServiceORCL
> The OracleServiceORCL service is starting.
> The OracleServiceORCL service could not be started.
>
> A system error has occurred.
> System error 126 has occurred.
> The specified module could not be found.
>
> The Oracle server is installed on a NTFS disk and user SYSTEM
> has full control of the whole drive.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Okay, here is what you need to do.

  1. Try to start Oracle by hand. What I mean is get to a dos prompt. Run server manager (the executable is found in your \ORANT\BIN directory with the name SVRMGRxx where xx is the version number of server manager) When you get the prompt SVRMGRxx> type in "startup".
  2. You may get errors either when server manager starts up or when you issue the "startup" command. Hopefully you will be able to determine the problem from these errors and fix the problem. If not...
  3. Post a follow up to this tread with the errors you get. You can even mail me if time is a factor.

Your problem is probably in one of two areas 1. Oracle structure. Some problem occured while the database was being created and left it in an unknown state. Maybe some syntax problems, etc.

2. NT libraries. There may be conflicting dll's on the system.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

-b