Oracle errors with Solaris and Raid Manager

From: Olaf <olaf_at_texas.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:34:58 -0600

I am running Solaris 2.6 and Raid Manager 6.1.1 along with Oracle 8.05.00. We are not using raw devices. From the UNIX side of things, everything looks fine. The controller check out OK under Raid Manager, and fsck turns up nothing wrong on any of the filesystems.

However, we get the following types of errors when we some kinds of dataloads:

SQL> analyze table monthly_bookings compute statistics; analyze table monthly_bookings compute statistics *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 20 (block # 131072)
ORA-01110: data file 20: '/u08/oradata/cosi/sist_idx_02_d.dbf'
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error

SVR4 Error: 34: Result too large
Additional information: 131071

ORA-02356: The database is out of space. The load cannot continue ORA-01653: unable to extend table SI_DBA.MONTHLY_BOOKINGS_IN by 9720 in tablespa
ce SIST_DATA_02
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file SVR4 Error: 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device Additional information: 4
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file SVR4 Error: 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device Additional information: 4

ice
Additional information: 4
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file SVR4 Error: 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device Additional information: 4

Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Fri Feb 5 16:49:07 CST 1999

Any ideas? We have a call into Oracle, and they have said there is a bug with fastload in this version, but that doesnt explain all of our problems.

Thanks

olaf Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 13:34:58 CST