Re: Time zones trying to synchronize application

From: <bracher_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:16:58 GMT

in my experience, the timezone associated with datetime data is governed by the timezone that the oracle _listener_ was started in, the server and the client do not affect it.

actual datetime storage in the server in timezone-neutral, but the data is formatted for the timezone of the listener when selected.

we consciously start a listener for each timezone that will be writing data to a database. the tnsnames.ora for a particular client is then written to connect to the correct port so that datetime is formatted correctly.

I hope that helps...