Sizing Rollbacks segments

From: <alawa_at_bandol.concept.fr>
Date: 10 Feb 1999 13:44:28 +0100

 Rollback segments are supposed to hold the modifications  that occurs on a transaction until the commit.  So, theoricaly we sould be able to predict  the size of the rbs needed for a simple "delete table ..".

 Oracle support says "No, there is no rules to calculate this  size", wich is not satisfying.

 We tried a simple test with a table+index of 23Mo and a single  rbs of 30M. The "delete table" ends with the ORA-1562 error.

 How much space do I need ? 2 times the amount of data, 10 times ?

 Thank's for any pointer.

AB
alawa_at_concept.fr       Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 06:44:28 CST