Oracle 7.3/Controlfile for standby database

From: Andreas Jung (BOFH) <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:57:40 +0100

Hello,

I´m trying to set up a standby database with Oracle 7.3. I followed the=  =

steps in the documentation and I was able to get the standby database running in the standby mode.

When I try to activate the standby database, Oracle complains about the control file. The controlfile of the standby database is this one that has been created on the primary database with "alter database create controlfile as" ...Is it neccessary to create a new controlfile when
activating the standby database or must I copy the controlfile from the primary database to the secondary ? Both machines have the same disk layout and the same Oracle setup.

What´s going wrong ? Any comments ?

Andreas Jung Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 05:57:40 CST