Q: 'Flicker' effect in Forms 5.0.5

From: <ingenio_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:01:44 GMT

Note : Please excuse the cross-posting...I figured that since Forms runs ... better against the Oracle Server, i would be excused :-)

I am looking for help on the following issue:

While running multi-form Forms 5.0.5 applications, upon execution of a CALL_FORM, the windows are resized, producing a visible 'Flicker' effect.

Platform: Server - Oracle 7.3.4.
client Win NT4.0 Workstation P/64MB
DEV2K Release 2.0 - Forms Builder 5.0.5

Details:

All the forms are running full screen, i.e. all the windows are maximized in PRE-FORM ( including the MDI window)using SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY.

When calling a form from another, before the new window is painted, the current one is resized ( visibly), producing a 'flicker' effect that is annoying.

If the window of the called form has a Dialog style the effect does not appear, i.e. the new window is cleanly painted. The problem is that the menubar and toolbar are lost in the process, which is normal.

I also tried setting window_state=MAXIMIZE as a command line parameter value for Runform. There is a result , but only for the first form, not the subsequent ones ( and , I assume not for other windows in the starting form).

I noticed the same 'flicker' effect in Forms Builder, when resizing/closing the tool windows - navigator, properties, etc.

Since only Document windows are affected, I think it is a Windows Manager problem.

Q: Has anybody encountered / solved ( hopefully...) this problem?

Any answer is greatly appreciated

All the best,

Adrian Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 22:01:44 CST