Oracle doesn't want to use bitmap index on partitioned table

From: SV <sv_at_phystech.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:08:31 -0500

Hi

Here is the problem I ran into with 64-bit Oracle on HP-UX 11.0 640bit I have a partitioned table and I created a local bitmap index on that table. The table is partitioned by (month). The index works fine as long as I do not specify partition key (month) in the WHERE clause. But as soon as I pick particular month using WHERE clause, Oracle never uses bitmap index on that partition.
Why is that?

Thanks,
Serge Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 22:08:31 CST