Re: Access to Oracle data migration

From: D.M. <xyzzy_at_billthecat.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:00:42 -0600

In article <79pg96$69q$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, dhtn_at_hotmail.com says...
> Greetings,
> Is there any 3rd party software for migrating data from Access to Oracle?
> What is your experience doing this, what to watch out for?
> Many thanks!

I have experimenting with the Access to Oracle Migration java applet. It seems to have some holes in it. I especially don't like the idea of it ignoring the QueryDefs set up in Access. I have been experimenting with a VBA module to extract the QueryDefs, edit the SQl, and modify it to work against Oracle (eliminate variables with whitespace, DISTINCTROW keywords, etc).

Is there anything better out there canned and running already??

thanks

Mike Mattix
dmmattix_at_earthlink.net Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 21:00:42 CST