Slow ODBC/JDBC connects

From: Jochen Scharrlach <Jochen.Scharrlach_at_schwaben.de>
Date: 09 Feb 1999 20:51:54 +0100

Hi,

(sorry, if this is posted once again)

I have trouble with Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux (something similar happened with 8.0.4 on HP-UX): after importing a large chunk of data into another tablespace my small DB-prog (written in Java) gets incredible slow - simple "select"-statements which return even less than 1KB of data need up to 20 seconds (on my developer machine it is quite fast)! Using "sqlplus" everything seems to be fine. The same thing happened on the old (HP-UX) system using an C-application on an Wincenter server (which seems to work quite well with the Linux-server). Any hint? I'm rather new to DB/Oracle-stuff, so don't assume that I didn't make silly mistakes :)

BTW: the server is a 400MHz PII with 256MB RAM and U2W-SCSI, and the Java app runs on it, too.

Thanks,
Jochen

P.S.: my EMail-adress is Jochen.Scharrlach_at_schwaben.de Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 13:51:54 CST