Oracle Server 8.0.3 on IRIX 6.4 -- Anyone Successfull with this?

From: <scott_at_spacepirates.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 18:58:11 GMT

The installation process for Oracle Server 8.0.3 MIPS IRIX6.4 goes smoothly, except for creating the starter database. That process fails. The only error message I find is at the end of install.log where it says something about not being to egrep 'ORA-' from
/my/oracle/home/admin/mysid/crazyfilename.something (that's not literally the message of course... but I hope you'll get the idea as I've deleted everything now.)

I've followed the unixdoc instructions to the letter (including setting SGI_ABI=-32 in the oracle user's environment), and can't figure out what is going wrong. Various binaries work (svrmgrl, sqlplus, etc.) and there are no fatal errors in make.log (though there are MANY warnings.)

Any advice on how I can get a database up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Scott