OWA Grapohics?

From: Ed Kulis <ekulis_at_hal.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:09:35 -0800

Hi,
(Forgive me I posted this question last week but I didn't get back to see if there were any replies and my newsreader wouldn't go back a week.)

Does anyone if there's a OWA Oracle Web Server newsgroup?

I very impressed with OWA and I was able to put up simple helpdesk search page with only a few hours of PL/SQL coding. (It did take a few days to install it and understand cartridges, DADs etc.)

Rick Greenwald's book: Special Edition Using Oracle Web Application Server 3 ISBN: 0-7897-0822-1 was very helpful.

What I'm really interested in is graphics. I'd like to automate the production of helpdesk performance metrics graphs that would appear in the web pages.

I'm hoping that somewhere there are procedures available that would produce gif's etc. from input of axis titles, ranges, data, etc. Then the PL/SQL could referenct the gif's.

There are such routines available for Perl but it would be great if I could avoid an oraperl interface and produce the graphics from within the OWA PL/SQL.

-ed