Re: Control files : number and location ?

From: Anil Bharadwa <anil_at_future-horizons.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 12:19:46 -0500

Matthieu-
It depends on your backup and recovery procedures for your database. If your NT server goes down and you are unable to retrieve either control file then you will have to rebuild the database from the last backup dmp and control file you made. If you lose one partition you can use the control file in the other one to recover. Multiplexing increases your odds off recovery. Therefore I would recommend regular backups and doubling up on your control files-it doesn't hurt you.
Anil Bharadwa