Re: Optimal SGA for NT?

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 15:12:07 GMT

if just the DB server, the TNS listener and nothing (remarkable) else is running on the NT server, donīt hesitate and give 2/3 of the memory to the SGA if the memory as such is bigger than 128 MB!

I increased the SGA at a customers NT server(512MB) with heavy query load from 1/2 to 2/3 of physical memory and retrieved a pretty good performance increase.

regards,
--marcus

skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org schrieb in Nachricht ...