sqlnet 1 and 2

From: <scolmena_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:00:11 GMT

I am at a new location where there are a mixture of sqlnet 1 and 2 clients. Currently, they are attaching to different servers. I want to consolodate onto one server first and have both clients hit the database. Once that is done, I will upgrade the clients. I know this is possible, but do not know where to begin. Can someone please help. I have seen other posting, but need a more detailed explanation. What do I need to do to the listner.ora and tnsnames.ora on the server? What do I need to do on the client side?

The environment: Server: Novell 4.11, oracle 7.2.2.4.0 Clients: Win95, sqlnet 1&2.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Regards,
Sergio