Re: help!! urgent !! change the we8dec to we8iso8859p1

From: Dmitry E. Loginov <lde_at_mpsb.moris.ru>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 12:29:51 +0300

David Novo wrote:

> Anybody can say me how can I change the default character of my database
> from we8dec to we8iso8859p1 ¿?

ATTENTION!!!! This way may damage your database.....Backup your database before do it!!!!!!!
(Best way -- full export your database, it would be usefull later) Check for existence of characterset WE8ISO8859P1 in table NLS_VALID_VALUES... If your database support it then update table props$update props$ set value = 'WE8ISO8859P1' where name='NLS_CHARACTERSET';and restart database..... ------ We successfully do it for change our database's characterset from US7ASCII to RU8PC866.....

but u probably have a problem after manipulation, about what i wrote... Then:
if u cause problem after starting database, do media recovery.... and if media recovery fail.... u must recreate database with your NLS_CHARACTERSET....
and import ur fully exported database into database wit new characterset....

Good Luck And be as much as possible cautious

Dmitry E. Loginov