Re: hpux error 23 running oracle 8.0.4

From: Chris Richings <Chris.Richings_at_alcatel.com.au>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:15:23 +1100

Hi,

Your Problem :-

HP-UX Error: 23: File table overflow or File table overflow error 23

is caused by a kernel file table overflowing,

therefore the simplest solution would be to

Increase MAXUSERS in your kernel build file, (normally a file called "/stand/system") on HPUX 10.20

This in turn, increases the nfile and ninode parameters.

Note :- by increasing MAXUSERS, you will also increase many other parameters,

             or
             your could just increase 'nfile' parameter

            Its Your call ??,  your decide what to do !!!

then, after increasing whatever parameter you have decided . in your kernel build file

  1. copy and save your current kernel,
  2. create a new kernel with either SAM or mk_kernel command
  3. move the new kernel into place, its best to reboot after moving the new kernel into place.

hope this helps

regards

-
Chris Richings
HP Unix / Openview / Oracle Support
Alcatel Australia
Sydney
Australia

email :- chris.richings_at_alcatel.com.au

NORMAL DISCLAIMERS ETC ETC