ORA-03121 error

From: <vahe_d_at_myna.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 05:01:21 GMT

Has anyone experience with Oracle 7 ver.7.3.3.0.0 on Windows 95?

I have installed Oracle 7.3 on my Windows 95 with Database Administrator option, and whenever I try to connect it gives ORA-03121 error message (Native Error Code 3121), no matter which application I run (32-bit ODBC Test, Enterprise Manager, SQL*Plus etc.) and no matter what logon/password is used (or isn't used at all). Its ODBC Driver for Windows 95 Version 2.0.3.1.1 seems to be correctly installed, values for Driver and Setup in the registry are correct: C:\ORAWIN95\ODBC\sqo32_73.dll (for Driver) and

             C:\ORAWIN95\ODBC\sqo32s73.dll (for Setup). I completed the installation by running 32-bit Administrator utility and creating a DSN. Since this is Personal Oracle7 and is supposed to be run locally, I set "SQL*Net Connect String" to "2:"
(no quotes, of course). I never had any previous version of Oracle
before, I did have another version of Oracle ODBC driver installed: MS ODBC Driver for Oracle ver.2.0, but I removed it from registry
(using regedit) and deleted corresponding DLLs from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
and installed Oracle once again to make sure there is no driver coexistence problem (although Oracle doesn't detect the other driver anyway). And still the problem persists. What is wrong?

Thanks alot for any help.

Vahe