Hints and create table as select

From: Jake Battle <jbattl_at_sapient.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 18:55:05 -0500

I am having a problem with the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT command under 8.0.5. I can write a select statement, and it has a good plan (using indexes, etc). Once I put the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT in front of it however, the plan changes for the worse (starts using more full table scans). I have tried to use hints, but they are ignored when I add the create table clause. Has anyone else gotten around this?

Thanks,

Jake Battle Received on Mon Feb 08 1999 - 17:55:05 CST