SQLState in exception

From: <andrewf_at_jaredgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:50:29 GMT

I'm converting a SQL Anywhere database to Oracle. Both have exception. But in SQL Anywhere exception is associated with SQLState, as

  user_defined_exception exception for sqlstate value '99999';

I hope I can keep the interface and localize my change. But I do not know whether Oracle will set SQLState on error handling. It seems to use Oracle error number. Do I have a way to not change the calling procedures?