SQLNET V2 listener as a "relay"??

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:59:21 -0600

Anybody know how to set up the listener on one host, host A, such that requests from some client site will ultimately be routed to some other host, host B?

Client makes a request via V2 as follows

HOST=<IP address of host A>
PORT=<port that target listener is listening on, host A > SID=<an identifier of an SID that exists on host B>

where SID could be a service_name or the actual SID of the target instance on host B.

This request is received by host A and "forwarded" to host B via TNS.

This is necessary due to firewall port mapping issues. Otherwise, I'd have to use a different port per machine, as the firewall, by definition, can only map one IP address to a single, unique port number (ex. port 1521 is mapped to dbserver1.dal.texas.myco.com ). So, if I bring up dbserver2 and want folks on the outside of the firewall to contact it via SQLNET, I need to assign a different port for that purpose.

Thanks in advance

-Kevin

--

remove the x for an email reply Received on Mon Feb 08 1999 - 11:59:21 CST