reporting database for Oracle on NT?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 20:41:19 -0800

Hello:

One of the business analysts I work with has told me that shortly a reporting database for Oracle 8 on NT will be needed as reports are being written for queries.

A dss-type database or read only database needs some considerations which I have begun to think about:

From what I can see,
1) I will need to truncate the tables and import the data each night (Disabling triggers and FK and then enabling after the load if there are to be any triggers/fks);

2) I will probably needs a large shared pool with a large sort_area_size;

3) Use a large db_file_multiple_read_count(more than 32).

4) No archiving.

While I don't know all of the requirements yet such as how many users, what other things do I needs to consider?

Thanks.

David Spaisman Received on Sun Feb 07 1999 - 22:41:19 CST