FLUSHING SELECTED data FROM MEMORY

From: <chandrasekar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 07:42:14 GMT

Hi all, I am performing a ORACLE benchmark on the time taken to retrive data from the database . To do that , I need to run a lot of select statements in a particular table which has 200 columns and 4000 rows with a record size of 20k.

  Since the tests need to be conducted for many times , I need to flush the selected value from the data base buffers to avoid cache hits . Is there a way to flush all the selected values from the database buffers without shutting down the database . Can checkpointing the database be an ideal solution to avoid cache hits . Please help ...............

cheers & thankx in advance
chandrasekar