Re: MTS on NT!

From: Ian Boston <ieb_REMOVE_TO_SEND__at_time-fld._REMOVE_TO_SEND_.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:04:38 -0000

If you try to make lots of connections from MTS objects into a 7.3.3 database funny things happens
(lockups bits of MTS hanging etc etc )
It doesn't appear to happen in 7.3.4 (both workgroup servers). I think, but I didn't have time to check
before putting 7.3.4 on that the cli had some thread safe problems in 7.3.3 It could also have been problems on the Microsoft side but I wouldn't dare comment on whos fault it
was in my case :)

holmesb_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <79evv9$qv7$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <79dhme$4gq3_at_news.hk.linkage.net>,
> "Yeung Man" <yngm_at_chowsangsang.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have told by Oracle Support that Oracle V7.x can't run on Win NT.
>> However, I have configurated my computer rruning MTS on Oracle 8.0.5.1.
Does
>> it mean that Oracle have changed it behaviour for V7 to V8 or I just get
the
>> untrue informat before!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Man
>>

>I have used Oracle Workgroup Server for Windows NT v7.3.4, Oracle
Enterprise
>Server v7.3.3 and 7.3.4 for Windows NT. All have run on Windows NT 4.0
>servers with SP3. Oracle is already a multithreaded application on NT.
All