NLS_DATE_FORMAT (7.3.4 on NT)

From: Ian Boston <ieb_REMOVE_TO_SEND__at_time-fld._REMOVE_TO_SEND_.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:34:46 -0000

Hi,
I have a problem with NLS_DATE_FORMAT as a parameter in an init.ora file for Oracle 7.3.4 on NT.

if I set
NLS_DATE_FORMAT = "YYYY-MON-DD"
in the init.ora file, and start the database when I do a select on a table (ie select date_field form date_table; ) I get

25-JUN-98 if I do an

alter session set NLS_DATE_FORMAT = "YYYY-MON-DD";

then I get the correct date

1998-JUN-25 To rule a few thing out.
1. If I set NLS_DATE_FORMAT to an invalid string the database wont start. 2. When I look in the instance manager gui, the NLS_DATE_FORMAT parameter matches what I set it to.
3. If I start the database manually in SVRMGR I dont get any complaints about the init file.
4. Setting NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE as a parameter also has no effect

Any Ideas by email would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has come up before, I haven't posted here before and I couldn't see any current messages.

Ian Boston Received on Fri Feb 05 1999 - 11:34:46 CST