Re: SHMMAX

From: Carl Bruhn <crb_at_dde.dk>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:44:53 +0100

I don't know about linux but the recomandation from Oracle is on all Unix versions i've seen.
Could be that you only have 32Mb of RAM in your computer and linux is so intelligent that it will only report on how large the largest shared memory segment can be ?.
I've never encountered problems in raising the SHMMAX to 4294967295 on any platform and i dont see there could be a problem. The size of shared memory you use for Oracle is actually adjusted by the size of your SGA. I don't suppose you make your own programs aquiring af lot of shared memory.